A photojournal of the Wooster Square neighborhood in New Haven, Connecticut. And, occasionally a photo of New Haven, of course, of course.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Be-a, Be-a, Be......

I wonder how this...... Can turn into this.....
And then this!!! This is the newly graffiti painted wall on Water Street painted by Reo, Aoke, Rage 3, and Seme. I think I got their names right! I blogged about them last November 30, 2009. The new wall is a tribute to the characters Warner Brothers Looney Tunes.
Reo assured me that the wall was kid friendly. They work so fast. There was another scene painted last week and when I drove by this week it had completely changed.
They work with very little line drawing on the wall before they begin to spray, just from a drawing on paper. The rest is left up to talent, the spirit and a steady hand. Reo said his hand got rather tired spraying the red circles. I have to say I never thought about the hazards of graffiti art to ones hands. Thanks guys for this great wall of art.
That's all folks!

2 comments:

  1. Well done putting in the sound!! And what a wall! One of these days I'm going to have to take my day off in Wooster Square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for documenting this amazing process.

    ReplyDelete