A photojournal of the Wooster Square neighborhood in New Haven, Connecticut. And, occasionally a photo of New Haven, of course, of course.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Lazy Day in New Haven

The sun was out and the sky was blue. A gentle breeze cooled the air from the 80+ degree weather we had earlier this week. Everyone was out enjoying the day.....in Wooster Square
.......on the campus of Yale University.
......on the Green in New Haven.
Rainer Maria Rilke says in his Letters to a Young Poet, "Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night."

2 comments:

  1. Great candid shots. All of them are reading - except, I have my doubts of the young student - might be taking a zzzzzz break. Ah, I remember the good old university days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to go out and find myself a bench. It's gorgeous (if a little chilly in the shade!) Have a great Sunday (oh... and with that bench, you could contact VP...)

    ReplyDelete