A photojournal of the Wooster Square neighborhood in New Haven, Connecticut. And, occasionally a photo of New Haven, of course, of course.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Not Wooster Square....But Jerusalem

The first evening that I arrived I met my friend Dina from Jerusalem Hills Daily Photo. It was a cold and rainy night as we headed into the Old City. We wound our way around to Mount Zion where Hagia Sophia, the Dormition Abbey is located. It's one of my favorite places in all of Jerusalem.
This couple turned the corner just as I was taking the photo.
The courtyard to the Abbey...it was closed but the reflection of the rain on the Jerusalem stone was beautiful.
After we walked by the Dormition Abbey we entered the Old City through Zion Gate.

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne, I can't believe you shlepped me out into the freezing wind and rain "just" to take night photos. LOL But what you post here proves it was worth it.
    You are so much at home in Jerusalem. Hope you can come back again for a more leisurely visit.

    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Freezing yes. Rain yes. Wind yes. I came to Jerusalem 'just' to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad there were a thousand more interesting things to see and hear in your tour.

    ReplyDelete